Friday, April 29, 2011

on Hiatus!

Wow go one day without blogging and it turns into a week or two:(  A lot has  happened..well, not too much..But I was feeling a bit tin the dumps the day of my blog hiatus.  Easter and spring break for my nephew (and myself too!) went by.  Beans and I have been taking it pretty lite. I would say the highlights have been Easter morning and activities and the discovery of a little green bug we found on my arm at Target.  Beans HAD to rescue it!  She kept telling everyone "Careful! Don't step on my buddy!". I remembered target carried these little bug houses in the dollar section and we ran to see if they had any left.  They had just one left!  So..I ripped off the wrapping, saved the barcode to use for checkout, and got the little green bug inside and the little rescuer was so thrilled and happy! She decided to name him Frankie (I have no idea where she's even heard that name) and she talked to him all the way home.

Easter consisted of a pretty lonely but still fun easter egg hunt, and a trip to the water park to meet with my friend Nicole and her 2 1/2 yr old son.  It was a pretty relaxing day and did a few montessori type activities which calmed her down and then she was out about an hour after that.
I've noticed Beans is really into numbers and can read quite a few words..I was thinking of looking into Kumon JR..but I still need to research the place to the bone.  She's been counting just about everything!
We started a new online program called 'abcmouse.com' and she really enjoys it. We'll see how that pans out:)

No comments:

Post a Comment