Sunday, August 7, 2011

I forgot about thy blog...

  So much has happened since I last posted!  I'm finally a licensed Kindermusik educator and I'm so pumped to get this underway, but also still so nervous and bummed because I don't really have the startup money to get this going.  Training took about 3 1/2 months.  During training I hosted free practicum classes for my mom friends and their wee ones and it was so much fun!  Beans didn't seem to like to see me praising the other kids too much and she would either sit on me or asked to be picked up a lot of time. I wanted so much for Beans to love Kindermusik class with all the other kids, but she'll probably have to stay home while a I teach a class now and then. She does love the songs and instrument exploration, I think it's still hard for her to adjust to the idea of sharing me with the other kids.  I really do want to host music mornings again so so bad, I'll just have to do that whether Beans likes it or not:)  Aside from that, I don't think I've posted since summer started and and it is sooooo very hot here in Tampa.  I really don't like summer here too much.  Coming from someone who lived in Puerto Rico half their life, you'd think this is nothing, but I swear I could bake some chicken outside faster than in the oven.  That said, we've been indoors a lot! And with people guessing Beans age is 5 years, we really need to get her a Busch Gardens pass and we've been flat broke, so none of that for now. Boo.  So to keep cool, we've been going to playgroups at friends houses, swimming, library, mall, painting in the tub, swimming, eating popsicles, swimming, beach (swimming), and going to Target to try and score any clearance toys or board games we can play indoors in the sweet, cool, lovely A/C.  Our main highlights of the summer have been Free art class at the art museum on saturdays, Kindermusik!, Beans hanging with her cousins, a dance class,swimming, learning about clouds and rain, letter days and, well, so much more..but in all honesty I just want summer to end!!
some summer pics:)


                                                    Beans ready to play at the mall play area
                  
          
                                                   Looking pretty on a very hot walk outside:)
                                                



                                            'Exploding Rainbow' by Beans



                                           Kindermusik!




                                       Beans has become an avid photographer. She sneaks the camera from time to time and I find little gems like this one.  Poor peppy le pew.


                                         Our latest super cool art class art project!  In class they gave us a rectangular piece of wood, I'm guessing 6'' by 3 or 4'' and two smaller wood squares with mirrors on them and Beans painted the blocks all sorts of different colors of course until they were black, so the I thought, that's perfect for a space theme! So I then painted our solar system on the mirrors and it created this infinite, kind of 3D effect when you looked into one of the mirrors.  So very very cool and Beans had to show it off to every single person we passed which made walking around even slower than usual but so cool to see her so excited about the project.

                          
                                   Very cool and wet mist play area in downtown Tampa.


                                      Dress up time with friends!  I'm glad the girls got to come over because they moved away that very day:(


Until next time:)

No comments:

Post a Comment