Sunday, April 3, 2011

It's April!

I might try my hand at this blogging thing again. It's 7 am sharp and I've been up since 2 a.m, my brain like a nonstop motorized pest that won't stop torturing me.  So far I've thought up of a few grand ideas for my little preschool homeschool co-op this week.  It's letter D week and I'm thinking dinos,drums and doomsday ( because we all know that's upon us....At least those of us raised catholic).  I'm in love with montessori method so I'm going to try introducing command cards with the chilruns.  A big round sign with red on one side and green on the other. I'm planning on adhering velcro pieces to it and the letters so the letters can be interchanged (stop, go, jump, run, etc.) and playing red light green light! wee!  Since my mornings venture, and this may seem almost very unlike me, but I looked up the VPK program here and it looks surprisingly easy to register and I found a very good Montessori school which is a VPK provider! Montessori for free!??!  I really started having panic episodes here. I didn't think a montessori school would be optional for us. We are kinda poor to be honest.  I'm starting school again and becoming certified in Kindermusik so I'm especially poor for now. Anywho, I am seriously considering Beans try it, at least. I would see it as a supplement to our homeschooling not a trade off..it's only for maybe 3 hours. Plus it's flippin' free!  But that's a ways away. Beans just turned 3.  It's been pretty challenging to get her to focus and seem interested in activities. I know this is my fault.  I'm not introducing it right.  She's also a bit more crazy due to turning 3.  She's goes into denial about knowing things that I know she knows, I'm about to chuck out the T.V because suddenly now she wants to watch it. Lots of it. A leapfrog or animal show here and there.. cool.  But constant disney channel and spongebob..makes me a bit ill.  I'm hoping to get more structured this month with earth day activities and the such..agghhh!!! she's waking! brb

3:00 pm
She's napping finally.  Easy Sunday, I guess. My lack of sleep really started to hit around 10:30am, so I caved and had beans watch Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with bribery involved of course..(if you let me nap you can watch this for the 107th time k? "squeelzz!')  she kinda let me nap. Then she wanted to watch Miffy. Hell to the no.  She about threw a fit, then I did what I promised myself I would NEVER do inside our home. Bust out the Moonsand. She was happy again. There was weird,sticky synthetic sand everywhere but alas we were happy making moonsand sculptures and making up stories about our moonsand kingdom dominated by an evil witch that eats princes for snacktime and is trying to steal the key to the kingdom. The princess saves the day.  After that she decides to play with the umbrella inside the place for a bit and takes a bath ( because it was a bit dirty..in her words) lunch, Pbskids website and nap.  I hop on the trusty mac computer that really belongs to Bribri, looking for suzuki lessonplans to use with my students when something really terrible happened..and I still am trying to figure it out.  Our $2,000 laptop may be infected with a virus...why me?

No comments:

Post a Comment